Saturday, January 23, 2010

Orientation...

So I had my first full day in Thailand today. Unfortunately, outside of lunch and dinner, I spent it inside the hotel conference room for our first day of orientation.We were introduced to our program facilitators and staff and the rest of the students. We talked about our program's objectives and themes: help, globalization and development, people's movements, and communities. We worked on our goals and filled out a learning inventory: basic orientation stuff. So far, I've had guava and pineapple juice, fresh papaya, green curry with chicken and rice, fried noodles with sticky sauce, vegetables and fruit, and Chang, the cheapest Thai beer. Amazing, all of it. Tomorrow, we're going to visit the Royal Palace and National Museum, places I'm excited to see again since freshman year of high school. Well, I'm going to explore more of Bangkok besides the hotel, so I'll check in in a bit. Miss you all so much, and I'm working on making friends as good as you guys, but everything is amazing, and I'm having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment