Thursday, January 14, 2010

a week prior...

So I'm a week and 2 hoursish out of hopping on that plane in JFK and flying away to Thailand for four months. Nothing's packed, my first homework assignment is not completed, and my computer is awaiting major fixage at the Apple Store. However, I'm really freaking excited nonetheless, and I think Molly leaving already made it really hit me that it's happening. Also, we've been getting introduction emails from everyone on the program, so knowing a bit about the people I'm going to be spending the next four months is making it more real, and I'm really psyched to meet them all. So I guess I'll be blogging, I say that now at least, I'm going to need someone to bug me and keep me honest. I also plan on sending those update emails, so leave your e-mail address if you want to be added to that lucky list. Also, my skype name is... larissa.gaias. I'm also the only Larissa Gaias anywhere, so searching that will find me without confusion (even on google). I'll be 12 hours ahead of the Mainers and New Yorkers, until daylight savings time switches, because we don't have that over in Thailand, so calculate away from where you are.


Well, well, well, I guess I'll go get everything Southampton in over the next seven days. I need to eat as much pizza and cookie dough at Alex's as possible, basically; I already miss Maine and although the state and I may be having some separation anxiety issues, I think I'll get over them once I land myself in warm, beautiful Thailand. I may need a snow globe to get me through the semester, however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment